10 NFL Injuries to Monitor for Week 4; Fantasy Implications
Here are 10 NFL injuries to monitor for Week 4 when it comes to setting up those fantasy football rosters.
1. Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Roddy White is probable and according to coach Mike Smith, White will “absolutely” take on a starting job this Sunday. Monitor Harry Douglas, however, as he’s questionable. White should be a solid WR2 against Minnesota.
2. Kansas City Chiefs running back, Jamaal Charles was limited on Friday due the high ankle sprain. Look for an update on his status Saturday. Charles is a tricky one because he plays Monday night. Hopefully Saturday there will be a clearer picture. If you have Knile Davis, you’re set, however if your backup running back plays earlier and Charles is still questionable, you’ve got a tough decision to make.
3. San Francisco 49ers tight end, Vernon Davis has indicated that he is unsure that he will be able to play. Lovely. Just what owners want to hear. Stay updated – hopefully you picked up a suitable backup or played Larry Donnell Thursday night.
— San Francisco 49ers (@49ers) September 26, 2014
4. New York Jets wide receiver, Eric Decker (hamstring) is listed as questionable but says he’s feeling better and Rex Ryan thinks he’ll play. Decker really shouldn’t be played any higher than a flex on fantasy rosters.
5. San Diego Chargers tight end, Ladarius Green is dealing with hamstring issues and didn’t practice Friday. Currently listed as questionable, if Green doesn’t play, that’s all the more targets for Antonio Gates against a soft Jaguars’ defense.
6. Houston Texans running back, Arian Foster is “definitely” a game-time decision according to coach Bill O’Brien. Foster didn’t play last week, so things sound a tad sketchy for Week 4. The good thing is that the Texans play the early game on Sunday, so if he doesn’t suit up, you’ve got your later players to use for fill in options. If Alfred Blue is still on waivers, it’s a fabulous time to snag him.
RT @DeepSlant: Arian Foster + Shane Lechler "definitely" game-time decisions, per O'Brien. Both will be worked out Sunday prior to decision.
— Houston Texans (@HoustonTexans) September 26, 2014
7. Chicago Bears wide receiver Brandon Marshall didn’t practice Friday, and he barely played during Monday’s game last week. He’s listed as questionable and the Bears play in the early series of games in Week 4. Have your backup ready, and watch Alshon Jeffery and Martellus Bennett benefit from Marshall’s absence should he not play, or be limited.
8. Tennessee Titans quarterback, Jake Locker who’s dealing with a right wrist injury is listed as questionable after being limited in Friday’s practice. Hopefully, Locker isn’t your backup quarterback since many of them are on byes. This doesn’t sound very encouraging for Locker.
9. Tennessee Titans tight end, Delanie Walker was also limited in practice and is listed as questionable due to a shoulder issue. If he plays, he’s got a great matchup against Indianapolis who currently allow the sixth most fantasy points to the position. With tight ends being such a shortage, let’s be hopeful that Walker plays in Week 4.
Whisenhunt also said Delanie Walker's progress was encouraging. He is questionable. Taylor Thompson and Ropati Pitoitua are doubtful.
— Tennessee Titans (@TennesseeTitans) September 26, 2014
10. Carolina Panthers running back, Jonathan Stewart is questionable due to a knee injury. According to coach Ron Rivera, it sounds like a longshot that Stewart will play in Week 4 in Baltimore. Luckily, DeAngelo Williams is listed as probably if you’re a Williams’ owner. Mike Tolbert is on IR, so Williams definitely gets a boost in fantasy value being practically the only semi-healthy back in Carolina.